On this dreary Wednesday night, there’s nothing more fitting than a good old fashioned Thank You post!
10 Things I’m Thankful For Today & Everyday:
- Good Old Green Car has been a trusty companion for the past several years. I’m thankful it’s still running and doesn’t have any of that modern technology like power locks or power windows.
- Franklin the Dog’s jumping to come home to. His ever wagging tail and excessive panting always put a smile on my face the minute I walk in the door.
- My Students – between the good and bad, easy and hard, empowering and draining, funny and serious, energizing and tiring – there is always something to be thankful for in who they are and what they are learning.
- Coffee – Need I say more? Coffee is always there for me when I need her most. She gives me a false sense of energy and a false sense of confidence, but it’s all I need on any sleepy-eyed morning.
- Snapchats full of bitmojis with friends who get me and the true authenticity that these tiny pictures share.
- Josh’s hugs. Comfort and safety and love all wrapped together.
- Morning Time Bible Reading – no matter how groggy I am or sleepily I scroll the my Bible app, I’m thankful for the power these words and the
- The gift of words. If you’ve read any of my other posts, you know the ways that I’m learning to embrace words strung together for others to read.
- The power of reading – the escape it brings, the diversity it shows, and the freedom it gives me to imagine and believe.
- Laughter. Always laugh. Find something to laugh at. If nothing else, just laugh at yourself. It makes everything better.
- Choice. The opportunity to make a choice on my thoughts, feelings, and attitude. The opportunity to choose what I do and where I go, what my future could hold and the steps I might take to shape it.
- Connection. I wrote about my new word(s) for the new year, and this was one of them. Connecting means being present with the environment and people I’m in right here and right now. Focusing on connection – when I remember to – has changed so much for me in my day to day life. I need to remember that more!